The success of a website is not simply determined by how sophisticated or visually attractive it is. Instead, it’s how effectively you can engage your target audience and positively convert them into clients. Below are a few reminders that can help turn your website into your persuasive sales tool.
Build a connection
First and foremost think of your client as an extension of yourself and your company. Remember that they are also people whom you can connect with. To earn your client’s trust, you need constant communication. However, the moment you lose the readers interest or make him or her feel awkward with a heavy handed sales pitch, you lose the opportunity to build a connection.
Copywriting tips to build connections:
- Try to avoid formality when writing your web copy, blog, or email. It draws a gap between you and your client.
- Humanize your copy and use the word “you” and “yours” as much as you can.
- Limit the use of your company name as much as possible. Again, it’s not about you.
- Address your prospect’s objections and fears in your copy. Eliminate doubt and ambiguity.
Feature the Benefits
Your clients land on your site because they want to know what they can gain from you. But most of the time, marketers fail to recognize the difference between “features” and “benefits”. What you should always keep in mind is that consumers only care about what they can benefit from your company not what you can do or make.
Copywriting tips to promote client benefits:
- Highlight your client benefits – not your company features.
- Emphasize the top benefit of your product or service in your headlines.
- Combine emotional and logical benefits. Keep it realistic.
- Use bullets when listing client benefits down for easier read.
Emphasize Social Proof
Social proof helps generate new leads and maintain more customers. Before, recommendations from a friend or family would compel you to purchase the same product or service they had. Now with social media, you can maximize profit from all your customers’ feedback and heighten your social proof to gain new prospects.
Copywriting tips to drive social engagement:
- Use phrases that drive social proof to your headlines.
- Show off customer testimonials and referrals.
- Include expert reviews and celebrity success stories.
- Make use of social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Clear Call to Action
There are two things you should always consider when asking your readers to do what you what them to do. People get easily distracted and they won’t give you much time to read and interpret your message. If you want your readers to do something, make it brief, simple, and specific.
Call to action tips that generate results:
- Tell your prospect exactly what to do, how to do it, and to do it now.
- Use specific language and provide clear, concrete details.
- Avoid giving out hints and unnecessary details. Say what you want upfront.
Lastly, the formatting of your content must always be checked for readability. You can do a lot of things to improve your reader’s experience but thoughtless formatting can hurt your opportunity.
Readability tips that keep readers interested:
- Minimize text effects and noisy backgrounds. Maintain professionalism of your site.
- Use bullets and subheadings. Chunking helps extend your reader’s attention span.
- Keep your paragraphs short and straightforward.
- Limit your word count. Make sure each word has purpose and meaning.
- Underline should be reserved for links alone. Moreover, ensure that all your links work.
Esteemed Consulting has talented experts who can help you develop content that are persuasive, professional, and profit-generating. Learn about Esteemed copywriting services, call us today at 858.780.9983