Behavior Based Marketing
Be relevant to the target audience by sharing information they want to know about.
“Targeted email campaigns – personalized to subscriber needs – drive 9 times more revenue and deliver 18 times more net profit than broadcast e-mailings.” – David Daniels, Research Director – Jupiter Research
|Traditional Segmentation||Segmentation 2.0|
Enhancing Customer Experience
- Build dynamic content into your messages, automatically replacing entire sections based on each recipient’s unique behaviors, interests and needs.
- Populate messages with peer reviews, customer testimonials and comments from social communities unique to each recipient’s interests and/or past buying history.
- Create “if-then” messaging tracks within your email and nurture campaigns, sending contacts down different content paths depending on their behaviors.
- Cross sell/upsell by recommending accessory items or complementary items for each product in cart
Test it and Test it Again
Landing pages are found to be more effective elements to test than subject lines 2
- 64% of marketers with nurturing programs are dissatisfied by the results6
- Without effective nurturing, 79% of marketing leads never become opportunities6
Lead Nurturing provides highly relevant educational content to prospective buyers early in the buying process. Nurturing can build brand and product preference long before prospects are ready to buy.
Lead Nurturing Process
- Better understand the intent of the leads, and where the leads are in their purchasing cycle
- Classify the leads on the basis of sales readiness
- Pass on hot leads to Sales enabling them to reach prospects who are ready to buy now, with a relevant solution
- Focus on nurturing leads, who have shown an interest but are not yet sales ready
- Nurture leads by informing and educating them with relevant information
- Run personalized and intent driven lead nurturing campaigns
- 2008 Spam Complaints Survey from Marketing Sherpa & Q Interactive
- 2011 MarketingSherpa Email Marketing Benchmark Survey
- ExactTarget, 2008 Channel Preference Survey
- Forrester Research, The US Interactive Marketing Forecast 2007-2012
- Forrester Research (July, 2007)
- Marketing Sherpa